Medicine, Dentistry, Designing, Travel Tourism, Hospitality, Buddhist Studies, Social Work, Islamic Studies, Arabic Language, Yoga, Sport, Dietics and Nutrition, Bio Technology, Bio Science, Pharmacy, Law, Education, Engineering (180 Specialities), IT and Computer Science (dozens of specialities), Languages (around 44 languages), Health and Para Medical Course (around 40 specialities), Traditional & Alternative Medical Courses (dozen of specialities), Education (dozen of courses), Agriculture (dozen specialities), Accounts, Administration and Management (dozens of specialities), Commerce (hundreds of specialities), all Arts Subjects (thousands of specialities), Science (thousands of specialities/majors).
Study Levels: Certificate / Diploma / Bachelor / P.G. Certificate / P.G. Diploma / Master / M.Phil. / Ph.D/ / Post Doctorate / Others.
Training Levels: Certificate / Diploma / English Language Course / Others.
And Also: Memberships / Fellowships among many others.
Mode of Study:
– Regular (Full Time),
– Part Learning,
– Distance Learning,
– Private Studies,
– Through Research,
– Fellowship / Membership,
Hundreds of Universities and Thousand of Colleges all over India, at all major cities and at almost all important Academic Destinations. (Indonesian Students are mostly in New Delhi, Aligarh, Agra, Pune, Roorkee, Mumbai, Bangalore, etc).
Kind of Accommodation Available in India:
Universities & Colleges (Hostels/Dormitories) , Paying Guest Accommodations, Private Hostels, Private Accommodations.
The most common and most popular accommodation in India is the last one, i.e. Renting Private Accommodation in Residential Areas (Range Rp. 500.000 – Rp. 1.600.000).
– Very “Reasonable” Fee Structure (Mostly it is cheaper than Indonesian Univ.)
– Very “Moderate and Affordable” Living Expenses ( +/- Rp. 1.200.000 )
– Very “Affordable” Books and Study Materials ( Discount for Student 20%-50%)
– Very “Affordable” Transport Systems (Free for Student who has a “Bus Card”)
Admission & Academic Reasons:
– High standard of Education and International Recognition;
– English Medium (The Language of the Millennium);
– Availability of almost all course /Majors and Sub-specialities at all levels through almost all modes of studies;
– Specialized and Rare Educational Opportunities;
– Well Qualified Teachers (minimum requirement to be a teacher is Dr. or Ph.D);
– Duration of Bachelor Degree in most Courses is only Three years and Ph.D. is Two to Three years;
– India has more than 345 Universities / Academic Institutions and more than 18.000 Colleges / Institutes, teaching more than 16.000 different Courses.
Social, Political and Other Reasons:
– Diversity in Culture and Religions;
– Economic and Political Stability;
– Easy Visa, either from Indian Embassy or Indonesian Embassy;
– No Discrimination on Religion, Culture or Colors grounds;
– Availability of all kinds of climates to suit the requirements of all students, such as summer, winter (snow in North India), autumn, etc.
– Much closer geographically and culturally to most Indonesian students, only 6 to 8 hours from
– The biggest Democracy in the World.
What After Graduation:
– Foreign Students graduating from India will have the strength of the English Medium Education and that will make them stand tall and strong among others in this competitive world.
– The Foreign student graduating from India with different Religions, Languages and different Cultures will become an international man, which is the main requirement of the millennium since the world is becoming one country.
– After graduating from India, Foreign Student can put what they learn into practical use in
Indonesia because we are developing countries or the third world countries.
– Very well recognized International Education System around the World.
– Regional & International Education Hub.
– Second largest Education System in the World
– The Seventh Largest Industrial Economy in the World
– High Standard of Education and International Recognition
– Twenty Five Million Indian and people of Indian origin are working and living abroad, many of them with High Qualifications; they are the Teachers, Nurses, Programmers, Designers, Doctors, Engineers, Scientists etc.
– A look at local Newspaper Advertisements will show that Americans, Europeans and Japanese as well as others are desperate to recruit Indian Engineers, Teachers, Scientists, Doctors and Nurses etc. And on many occasions they have changed their Immigration rules to accommodate Indian Professionals and Academicians etc.
– Indian Educated Engineers dominated Silicon Valley. In 2001 more than 40% of the venture capital funded technology start up Companies in Silicon Valley had at least one Indian Founder.
– More than 15% Teaching Faculties in US Universities have their under graduate degree from India and perhaps more than that in UK.
– More than 15% of Physician in America is Indians and perhaps much more in UK.
– The biggest Companies in America are having a big chunk of Indians; 25% of NASA Employees are India Qualified, 23% of Microsoft Employees are Indian Qualified, 26% of IBM Employees are India Qualified and 17% of Intel Employees are India Qualified.
– One of the greatest Engineering Monumental structure in the World is Taj Mahal which has been built by Indians centuries ago.
– India has manufactured Atom Bomb, Airplanes, and Indians have reached the space.
Source: TAEC India
Picture Note: Indonesian Student Association in India (PPI India) went to Manali (one of Himalaya Valleys) for Winter Tour 2007.